Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Iran Shoots Down US RQ-4/MQ-4C Recon Drone (20/06/2019) - Third of Khordad SAM
US Spy Drone Downed by Iran's Home-Made Short-Range Missile Defense System

A US-made Global Hawk spy drone was shot down by the IRGC on the Southern coasts of Iran in Hormozgan province today, using its powerful air defense system named Third of Khordad.

The IRGC announced in a statement early Thursday that the US-made Global Hawk surveillance drone was brought down by its Air Force near the Kouh-e Mobarak region in the Central district of Jask after the aircraft violated Iran's airspace.

The RQ-4 Global Hawk unmanned aircraft system (UAS) can fly at high altitudes for more than 30 hours, gathering near-real-time, high-resolution imagery of large areas of land in all types of weather.

Meantime, a US official said a US Navy MQ-4C Triton high-altitude drone was shot down by Iranian surface-to-air missile.

The IRGC Aerospace Force unveiled the Third of Khordad air defense system with the capability to trace four targets and destroy them with eight missiles all at once in 2014.

The Third of Khordad air defense system which was completely designed and manufactured by Iranian experts was unveiled during the Supreme Leader's tour of the IRGC's Aerospace Exhibition, where state-of-the-art equipment and hardware were showcased. The Third of Khordad air defense system was manufactured in 18 months and can trace all types of flying targets within a range of 75 kilometers. The Third of Khordad air defense system can trace and target fighter jets, bombers and cruise missiles up to 27,000 meters (81,000ft) high. All its components have been placed in a vehicle and its radar, tracing and missile-launching systems have been improved.

IRGC Commander Major General Hossein Salami confirmed downing of a US spy drone on the Southern coasts of Iran on Thursday, stressing that the move should alert Washington officials to stay away.

"This morning, the IRGC Air Force bravely downed an enemy spy drone which had crossed our borders and was violating our national security," General Salami said, addressing a congress in the Western province of Kurdistan on Thursday. He added that the incident sent "a clear message" to the US and other enemies that Iran will show a firm and crushing response to any aggression.

"Borders are our red lines and any enemy which violates them will not go back home and will be annihilated. The only way for enemies is to respect Iran's territorial integrity and national interests," General Salami said. "We declare that we do not want war with any country but we are fully ready for war and the today incident was a clear instance of this precise message," he underscored.

https://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13980330000419

Not clear if a RQ-4 Global Hawk or MQ-4C Triton was shot down.

Iran said from the beginning that it was a RQ-4, but after 8 hours of denial US accepted that Iran shot down a drone but that it was the much newer MQ-4C! But now the US are suggested it was RQ-4 after all.

Either way, this is a fantastic accomplishment and kill for the Third of Khordad SAM system.

My full congratulations to all my Iranian brothers and sisters and engineers in particular.

This comes just a day after Iran detailed how it fully exposed a CIA communications system (with China) and led to the discovery of hundreds of undercover CIA agents across the world.

Iran says the RQ-4 entered Iranian airspace near Bandar-e Jask, whilst the US says the drone was in international waters.

I wonder if Iran was able to salvage the wreckage? If it fell into the Persian Gulf probably not, but the US was in denial for about 8 hours so that was a good time window for Iran to try to find something.
Apparently there is race between US and Iran to recover the wreckage. If the US can get the wreckage from international waters they can use that to say it was shot down over international water (despite wind factors etc).

With Houthi cruise missile attacks escalating in the past few days, they shot down a MQ-9 Predator, the mining of several oil tankers in the Persian Gulf/Gulf of Oman, several rockets launched into US areas in Iraq, lots of escalation...

How will US respond? This is a $250m drone and Trump might want some symbolic strikes because he always mocked Obama for his 'red line' on Syria which he didn't keep... Ironically, it looked like Trump wanted to de-escalate the situation before this.
US Spy Drone Downed by Iran's Home-Made Short-Range Missile Defense System

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13980330000419
(06-20-2019, 04:46 PM)zulfebriges Wrote: US Spy Drone Downed by Iran's Home-Made Short-Range Missile Defense System

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13980330000419
This is the exact same link I posted in the first post.

Trump said "you will soon find out" if US will attack Iran...

But then minutes later he said he thinks it wasn't intentional and it makes a big difference that there was no American inside the drone...
I am sorry, i make mistake for this news
(06-20-2019, 05:34 PM)zulfebriges Wrote: I am sorry, i make mistake for this news
No problem  Smile

What do you think about this news?
Video: Iran's Khordad 3 SAM system shoots down US drone

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/06/2...ssile-IRGC
Iran downing of sophisticated drone to hurt US 'quite a lot'

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/06/2...-Hawk-IRGC

Trump tweeted:

"We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it"

I wonder what the 3 sites were and why 150 people would have died?
Iran Military Tube being shown on all the US news channels - great high quality producer of content!

I don't understand how reports say the US wanted to attack 3 radar/SAM sites and attack before morning prayer to minimise casualties, but still 150 people would be killed?

Also I think Trump didn't want to attack hence why he passed a message via Oman to Iran about the attack in advance. The fact Iran activated all proxies to respond as well definitely made Trump find any reason to not strike!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saudi Arabia Shuts Down About Half Its Oil Output After Drone Strikes kastor 43 6,179 11-10-2019, 08:05 PM
Last Post: RedDevil
  Iran unveils homegrown drone 'Kian' with pinpoint accuracy Ich 1 697 09-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Persian Gulf
  IRGC Shells Terrorists along Borders with Iraq’s Kurdistan (12/07/2019) Persian Gulf 0 751 07-12-2019, 03:56 PM
  Iran JCPOA Update - 17 June 2019 Persian Gulf 2 1,424 06-26-2019, 11:08 AM
  Iran Military Parade - 18 April 2019 admin 6 3,822 04-24-2019, 11:24 PM
Last Post: admin