Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Relations between Israel and Iran
Hello,

i work on a school project and would like to know some opinions here.

The relations between Israel and Iran are pretty bad. They were very good until 1979 and then collapsed.

Do you think it could be possible to at least reach normal relations between both nations and in a peaceful way?

If so, how could this be achieved?

Greetings

Alam
Even before 1979 I think the idea that Iran and Israel had "great" relations is somewhat of a "myth".

The Shah had to keep such ties secret, of course because it would be unpopular with the Iranian people.

Also, it has been revealed since 1979 that joint Iranian-Israeli military projects were intended to be manipulated by Israel to give Iran faulty weapons for money.

Israel's actions with Palestine render it a criminal rogue state from the POV of international law, there is no debate about this. If Israel can resolve the Palestinian issue and end its hostile actions (diplomatic and military) against Iran then there can be good relations. Until then, I don't see a possibility.
(06-02-2019, 03:24 PM)Alam Wrote: Hello,

i work on a school project and would like to know some opinions here.

The relations between Israel and Iran are pretty bad. They were very good until 1979 and then collapsed.

Do you think it could be possible to at least reach normal relations between both nations and in a peaceful way?

If so, how could this be achieved?

Greetings

Alam

Hi Alam 
welcome to forum 

Pls watch first 2-3 mins and 8:05-11:36 ( Iran's perspective towards Israel-Palestine issue )

What is the solution ? as long as majority of Palestinians don't accept current Israel , Iran will remain in same position .
Thank you for the video.

Then lets try to found a more basic thing.

Where can common interest between Israel and Iran be found?

Apparantly Israel and Iran and a joint air mission against Saddam Hussein nuclear plant. Both countries worked in that case together against a common threat.

Sorry my english might not be perfect, but could Iran also see core interests of Israel and accept those? And vice versa?

For example install basic diplomatic relations between both nations?
Where can common interest between Israel and Iran be found?

there are a lot of common ground between these two sides but even if we solve our problems with Israel and manage to improve our relationships will our good ties remains strong for a long time ? I don't think so

If you look at the map Iran is in the middle of Muslim countries and at the end of the day we must follow Muslim countries policy whether we like it or not because we are part of Muslim world.  

so its not a Iran vs Israel issue its a West vs Muslim issue and I don't think the side with upper hand is ready to come to negotiation table ( latest chapter of this story is golan heights of Syria )
Well, do you think Iran would be able to acknowledge Israels right to exist?

Egypt, Jordan for example have acknowledged that. Saudi Arabia also.
(06-03-2019, 05:32 PM)Alam Wrote: Well, do you think Iran would be able to acknowledge Israels right to exist?

There is no such thing as a "right to exist". Israel is the only country that asserts such a 'right'. 

Those countries are Western puppets with slave mentalities because of colonialism.

(06-03-2019, 04:37 PM)pin gu Wrote: If you look at the map Iran is in the middle of Muslim countries and at the end of the day we must follow Muslim countries policy whether we like it or not because we are part of Muslim world.  

so its not a Iran vs Israel issue its a West vs Muslim issue and I don't think the side with upper hand is ready to come to negotiation table ( latest chapter of this story is golan heights of Syria )
I don't agree with this. There is no "muslim policy"... If there is one it is a Sunni policy against Iran! Most of those countries already accept and have ties with Israel, so how can we "follow" them but not have ties with Israel when they do?
Well evry country has a right to exist.

This conflict is very old. The people of Israel who live there today are mostly born there. Its their home and it is the only country jewish people have in the world. It is clear, that Israel will not go away.

Iran is in very bad economic situation. It doesnt have to be that way. So many things could change to the better for both countries.

I dont see why Israel and Iran have to be enemies.
(06-03-2019, 05:32 PM)Alam Wrote: Well, do you think Iran would be able to acknowledge Israels right to exist?

Well, do you think Iran would be able to acknowledge Israels right to exist? 

It depends on the meaning of this question.
Yes part : 
 if right to exist means accepting rights of the Jews to live in Palestine/Israel then yes Iran will accept that after deal after Palestinians approval of that .
in such a scenario our ties would go towards normalization ( opening embassies , cultural, economic , ... exchanges ) and it might take a few years .

( will majority of Jews accept equal rights with Palestinians remains a big question here )

No part :
Zionism ideology
Israel state should remain a Jewish state.

What will happens when Muslims population in Palestine/Israel rise ( or they return to their home which they were thrown out by force ) and the become majority in the country ?
in a scenario like that will Israel remains a democratic state ? will they give up their army and giving key power structures to opposition ? the answer is a clear NO

so they must become undemocratic and an apartheid state in order to be a Jewish state .

Egypt, Jordan for example have acknowledged that. Saudi Arabia also.

Egypt 

Mr hosni mubarak was president of Egypt for 30 years . a couple of months after his removal Egypt became hostile to Israel !. one year later after democratic elections in Egypt there was another coup and now Mr Sisi (former military leader ) is president of the country.

Jordan 

Jordan is a kingdom . their situation is worst than Egypt when we talk about Israel .

Saudi Arabia 

SA is also a kingdom but as far as I know there is no Israel embassy in SA .

It would be good idea to find a creditable poll to find out how people (not elites) of the countries you just mentioned feel towards Israel and how many of them approve Israel policies in the region.

(06-03-2019, 07:59 PM)Persian Gulf Wrote:
I don't agree with this. There is no "muslim policy"... If there is one it is a Sunni policy against Iran! Most of those countries already accept and have ties with Israel, so how can we "follow" them but not have ties with Israel when they do?

Right now there are two groups in Muslim countries regards acknowledgement of Israel and at the end of the day(it may be a very long day :Smile  )  these two will become one group .
Why did Iran not break relations with Poland or Russia? Millions of Germans were expelled from Silesia and Eastern Prussia.

Another question is, Iran calls itself Islamic Republic. Why can Iran be an islamic state but Israel not a jewish state?

Do jews or christians have equal rights in Iran? Can a jew become president in Iran or military leader?