Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New warship in construction process-interesting images
Damavand 77 warship images are used for reference only....Images are from irand_defansive_power instagram profile

Attached Files Image(s)

boy, finally some serious signature reduction being done. Looks good, but my fear is it will again be a corvette sized vessel.
https://www.google.com/maps/@27.1467803,...a=!3m1!1e3

Pretty sure that's the one.. the crane to the top left seems to fit.

Quote:boy, finally some serious signature reduction being done. Looks good, but my fear is it will again be a corvette sized vessel.
 That does seem to be the case.. Seeing a continued development and investment for the Moudge class seems more important right now then another unending production of some ultimate weapon... Incremental steps usually beat huge strides.
(04-22-2019, 08:50 PM)PsychoBob Wrote: https://www.google.com/maps/@27.1467803,...a=!3m1!1e3

Pretty sure that's the one.. the crane to the top left seems to fit.

That does seem to be the case.. Seeing a continued development and investment for the Moudge class seems more important right now then another unending production of some ultimate weapon... Incremental steps usually beat huge strides.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you. Iran has been mismanaging military projects in the name of "incremental steps" way too much. The IRGC and the regular military have similar projects which run side by side separately, dividing resources and then ultimately neither gets done, is shelved and is forgotten or restarted years late.

There is a severe lack of oversight in Iran and not just on military issues (many of their economic woes are because of that as opposed to sanctions). They haven't even decided to maintain the more aggressive aspects of the armed forces and have gone full defensive, something that stripped away their ability to exert pressure in the region, crippling them to the point that Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey and even UAE have better offensive capabilities in terms of sheer air power alone, not to mention their upcoming naval sphere where they're being aided by the West.

There's still quite a lot of time to rectify this but the mullahs have to forget the Nojeh coup first; they're still too caught up in the memory of a failed plot that was in all probability manufactured by the remnant's of the Pahlavi family's loyalties with intel from Iraq and approval from the West.
Mirror Flower, Water Moon
Bite and bite again until snakes become dragons