Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran Su-30 deal and news
Okay i make this thread for news about Su-30 
So the question is when will Iran will have it's Su-30 and does it going to be true?
My own opinion.

It will happen post 2020. May be around like 2021-2022.

Su-30SM, Su-35S will be unveiled as "locally assembled" fighters from kits imported from Russia. I am not sure about the numbers though. It can be something around like 40-60. Along with that, Mig-29 fleet will be brought to SMT standards. If IRIAF gets its hands on Su-35S and use the avionics technology esp IRBIS-E in domestic project then it will be a game changer for IRIAF.
(09-06-2018, 01:35 PM)Emirzaad Wrote: My own opinion.

It will happen post 2020. May be around like 2021-2022.

Su-30SM, Su-35S will be unveiled as "locally assembled" fighters from kits imported from Russia. I am not sure about the numbers though. It can be something around like 40-60. Along with that, Mig-29 fleet will be brought to SMT standards. If IRIAF gets its hands on Su-35S and use the avionics technology esp IRBIS-E  in domestic project then it will be a game changer for IRIAF.

I would hope the numbers are much greater than that.

It would also be necessary in such a deal for Iran to acquire Il-78 tankers and especially A-100 AWACS. Iran's mountainous terrain makes AWACS essential.
نه شرقی، نه غربی، جمهوری اسلامی
(09-08-2018, 08:53 PM)AmirPatriot Wrote: I would hope the numbers are much greater than that.

It would also be necessary in such a deal for Iran to acquire Il-78 tankers and especially A-100 AWACS. Iran's mountainous terrain makes AWACS essential.

Mullahs would not spend too much money on IRIAF they want it to survive but not thrive. Some 40-60 4+ generations fighter will keep IRIAF alive along with older upgraded planes. 

As for AWACS. I am sure Russia will not give anything of that sort to Iran. Chinese option is there with KJ-2000/3000. 4-5 such platforms will cost 2+ bln USD along with infra structure and training. May be IRIAF can get 5 of their own IL-76 to be fitted with NRIET AEW AESA Radars.
okay i read an article on oryx blog they says that North Korea install an N019 radar of mig-29 to an IL-76 to make it has limited AEW capability,i think Iran can install it's unuse AWG-9 radar from F-14 to Il-76 to make it have AEW capability
(09-09-2018, 04:34 AM)07_SeppDietrich Wrote: okay i read an article on oryx blog they says that North Korea install an N019 radar of mig-29 to an IL-76 to make it has limited AEW capability,i think Iran can install it's unuse AWG-9 radar from F-14 to Il-76 to make it have AEW capability

Yes that was N019ME topaz radar that was fitted on AN-24. N019ME has detection range of hardly 80 km. 

For a country like Iran with vast land to cover. Lot more powerful radar will be required for this job. I believe local digital AWG-9 version with modern processors, enhanced range up to 800-1000 km, datalink with fighters can do this job if fitted on IRan-140 (I know program has been discontinued), can provide a local AEW coverage. 

Better way for Iran would be to simply bargain with NRIET to fit 4-5 IRIAF IL-76 with AEW AESA radar and sensors, processors, datalink of KJ-2000/3000 standard. Resurrected IRIAF will become a moderate level defensive force for sure in future.
(09-09-2018, 10:39 PM)Emirzaad Wrote: Yes that was N019ME topaz radar that was fitted on AN-24. N019ME has detection range of hardly 80 km. 

For a country like Iran with vast land to cover. Lot more powerful radar will be required for this job. I believe local digital AWG-9 version with modern processors, enhanced range up to 800-1000 km, datalink with fighters can do this job if fitted on IRan-140 (I know program has been discontinued), can provide a local AEW coverage. 

Better way for Iran would be to simply bargain with NRIET to fit 4-5 IRIAF IL-76 with AEW AESA radar and sensors, processors, datalink of KJ-2000/3000 standard. Resurrected IRIAF will become a moderate level defensive force for sure in future.
The Il-76s are strategic transports that Iran cannot afford to change the configuration of. Iran needs new airframes.
نه شرقی، نه غربی، جمهوری اسلامی