Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRGC overhaul SU 22

beside the overhaul they also say that they give back the su-25 to iraq.

i don't understand why the IRGC put so much money and afford to keep these fighters in the sky and gave it back to iraq.
i totaly understand that the iraqis needed help and support the desicions to help them with logistic money and troops but why the IRGC didn't send their own pilots to fight daesh pigs. it would be a big step for iran to have small airbase outside the country.

don't get me worng i am 100% for the support but i am only thinking from a geostrategic point of view.
(08-29-2018, 03:35 PM)Maverick Wrote:

beside the overhaul they also say that they give back the su-25 to iraq.

i don't understand why the IRGC put so much money and afford to keep these fighters in the sky and gave it back to iraq.
i totaly understand that the iraqis needed help and support the desicions to help them with logistic money and troops but why the IRGC didn't send their own pilots to fight daesh pigs. it would be a big step for iran to have small airbase outside the country.

don't get me worng i am 100% for the support but i am only thinking from a geostrategic point of view.

My Point of view is same as yours in this regard !
Why even give it to Iraq? Why not just lease it to them temporarily?
نه شرقی، نه غربی، جمهوری اسلامی
I hate these ridiculous P-caps that IRGC generals wear. They look like school boys.

On topic, this is where a cheap built from scratch, 4.0 generation platform like Saeghe/Kowsar come into play. Iranian allies in the region will need air covers. Iran can supply that air cover by providing 5 Million USD Kowsar in bulk instead of wasting resources on reviving handful of Saddams legacies.

Iranian industries need to adapt quick. Learn to setup assembly lines, maintenance infra structure etc.
@AmirPatriot i was thinking of too is was the u.s. also does with some arab states they lease fighter and in some countries also the pilots. but in this case i would have loved to see that iran has a airbase outside the counrtry. of course the IRGC has military bases for ground troops in iraq ans syria but having a airbase is another thing. this is a privilege only few countris have.

@Emirzaad in know what you mean but if you think about the war in syria russia had around 33 some news said 50 fighters there and each of them (for example the su 34 with a payload of 8000kg-12000kg) much heavier payload and greater range then the F-5/kowsar. we would have need a big amount of the kowsar. a big amount of fighter jets means logostic, airfields, hangers, more personal and more sorties to fly. i think that on the long run the costs would have got much higher.

thats the reason i think iran should have worked on a fighter like the f-14 or even the mig-29.
(08-30-2018, 05:39 PM)Maverick Wrote: @AmirPatriot i was thinking of too is was the u.s. also does with some arab states they lease fighter and in some countries also the pilots. but in this case i would have loved to see that iran has a airbase outside the counrtry. of course the IRGC has military bases for ground troops in iraq ans syria but having a airbase is another thing. this is a privilege only few countris have.

It is a privilege but also a significant financial and political investment. Iran's air force is too weak to even effectively defend Iran, let alone conduct extraterritorial operations.
نه شرقی، نه غربی، جمهوری اسلامی
(08-30-2018, 03:04 PM)Emirzaad Wrote: On topic, this is where a cheap built from scratch, 4.0 generation platform like Saeghe/Kowsar come into play. Iranian allies in the region will need air covers. Iran can supply that air cover by providing 5 Million USD Kowsar in bulk instead of wasting resources on reviving handful of Saddams legacies.

I totally agree on this !
But beside exporting the one seater Kowsar as CAS & Light fighter platform,
Iran will need trainers in coming years & Two seater Kowsar will do the same job for IRIAF , like the T-38 does for USAF. Big Grin !
(08-30-2018, 03:04 PM)Emirzaad Wrote: I hate these ridiculous P-caps that IRGC generals wear. They look like school boys.

On topic, this is where a cheap built from scratch, 4.0 generation platform like Saeghe/Kowsar come into play. Iranian allies in the region will need air covers. Iran can supply that air cover by providing 5 Million USD Kowsar in bulk instead of wasting resources on reviving handful of Saddams legacies.

Iranian industries need to adapt quick. Learn to setup assembly lines, maintenance infra structure etc.

But it is just a plan we still don't know how many would the kowsar build
(09-05-2018, 11:43 AM)07_SeppDietrich Wrote: But it is just a plan we still don't know how many would the kowsar build

I have always maintained that most probably we will see another technology demonstrator of the domestically built F-5A/E/F projects. Something more suitable and customized for Iranian needs than even Kowsar. Which is why I think Kowsar that was shown with modern avionics will never be put into production. May be next aircraft in line will be produced though. Some 60-70 jets that will be truly 4th generation light combat platforms. 

The small size of F-5 family is a problem though, unless they put in more powerful turbofan into future designs.