Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pilot Killed in F-5 Fighter Jet Incident in Southern Iran
Pilot Killed in F-5 Fighter Jet Incident in Southern Iran

[Image: F5jet_Iran24.jpg]

TEHRAN (FNA)- An Iranian air force pilot was killed as an F-5 fighter jet faltered at the time of landing at an air base in the Southern province of Khuzestan on Sunday afternoon, although the co-pilot could eventually land the aircraft to narrowly escape a catastrophic crash.

The incident occurred as the jet was landing in the 4th military airbase in Dezfoul, 460 kilometers (280 miles) southwest of the capital, Iranian Mehr news agency reported.

[Image: Capture.png]

Desfoul Air Base declared in a statement that the double-cockpit military plane was on a training course and experienced a technical flaw when landing at the air base.

The first pilot was martyred during the incident, but the co-pilot landed the aircraft on the shoulder of the runway, the statement said, admiring the co-pilot for his high skills.

It further added that the fighter jet sustained some minor damage during the incident.
Commander of Dezfoul's Law Enforcement Police Ali Elhami had also told FNA earlier in the afternoon that "the fighter jet crashed in Dezfoul and Colonel (Manouchehr) Fattahi, the pilot, was martyred".
The Air Base statement said investigations are already underway into the cause of the incident.

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13970604000967
http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/f2f63...29b868cf83
is it possible that it was the Kowsar?
RIP the Pilot
Faster Recovery to the Co-Pilot .

(08-26-2018, 06:37 PM)Maverick Wrote: is it possible that it was the Kowsar?

Most likely a  F-5B or F-5F ,
any guess @admin  
@AmirPatriot
@Emirzaad
@Farbod ???
R.I.P.

It is a shame that Iranian pilots have to fly those beasts. Around fifty years of use is taking its toll.
the first time when read the artical i was in the car i read so fast i didn't realized that one of the pilots died.

RIP to this brave men and many thanks for the services for our Vatan. and may GOD give his family strenght
RIP to the pilot.

That a second pilot was injured indicates the plane was a two seater variant.

These old planes will eventually just crash themselves into nothing...

----------

Thread moved to IRIAF section. Please try to keep threads within their respective sections.
نه شرقی، نه غربی، جمهوری اسلامی
(08-26-2018, 06:45 PM)Torch Wrote: RIP the Pilot
Faster Recovery to the Co-Pilot .

Most likely a  F-5B or F-5F ,
any guess @admin  
@AmirPatriot
@Emirzaad
@Farbod ???

No, it is highly improbable that this plane was Kowsar. Kowsar is in Tehran apparently.

Rest in peace to our brave pilot.
F-5F crashed.

RIP to the pilot. This will continue unless a MAJOR OVERHAUL of IRIAF and its maintenance facilities does not happen.
When thanks to the mullahs policies our air force is forced to keep using 50 years old fighters this is bound to happen.

May Colonel Fattahi rest In peace.