Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran-Israel Proxy Conflict
Thread to discuss the Iran-Israel proxy conflict.

This can cover: covert actions against each side, general news (e.g. sanctions advocated for by Israel), military news (e.g. airstrikes vs Iraq/Syria), strategy, etc.

Why Iran and Israel are crossing each other’s red lines

Quote:“The game is relatively clear for both parties,” says Nasser Hadian, a political scientist at Tehran University.

Iran is trying to build an effective deterrence against Israelis, in Lebanon and Syria – this is the main part – and to a much lesser extent in Iraq,” says Mr. Hadian. “That puts Iran in an advantageous position regarding Israel, because Iranian forces and proxies – if you want to use the term – are close to Israel’s border, but the Israelis are far away from Iranian borders.

“So naturally, it’s very clear that what Israel wants is to prevent that,” he says.

Israel’s thwarting of the attack “again shows that, at least in the last two years, whenever there was a confrontation, Israel has clearly shown that it has both the intelligence and operational superiority, and it is certainly ready to use it,” says Mr. Zimmt.

Yet Iran may have time on its side, he adds.

If I were Soleimani, despite all the failures, I would say: ‘OK, even if Israel manages to hit 50%, 60% or 70% of what I’ve been trying to do’ – and I have to be quite skeptical about those percentages – ‘so it won’t take me one year to make it, it will take me three or four years to make it. But eventually we’ll get there,’” says Mr. Zimmt.

“It’s not like Iran and Israel are right now on the verge of a confrontation, so they have the time, and they have the patience,” he says.

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-E...-red-lines

Hossein Sheikholeslam:
- 150,000 missiles/rockets in Syria, Gaza, Lebanon are under Iran's control and intended to send a message to Israel/USA
- Without this, Israel would have attacked our nuclear sites many times
- Moving missiles/rockets closer to Israel was a response to expansion of US/NATO radar and missile shields near Iran (in Turkey/UAE/Qatar)
- These missiles are purely for deterrence; not intended to destroy Israel, just to prevent an attack against Iran
Iraqi Hashd al-Sha’abi forms Air Force Directorate amid Israeli airstrikes

Iraqi pro-government Popular Mobilization Units have announced the formation of their own Air Force Directorate after government probes revealed that the Israeli regime could be behind several attacks on the bases of the volunteer forces.

The second-in-command of the Popular Mobilization Units, Jamal Jafaar Mohammed Al Ebrahim – better known by the nom de guerre Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes, issued an administrative order on Thursday, declaring the decision and appointing Salah Mahdi Hantous as the directorate’s chief.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/09/0...airstrikes
(09-04-2019, 12:10 PM)Persian Gulf Wrote: Thread to discuss the Iran-Israel proxy conflict.

This can cover: covert actions against each side, general news (e.g. sanctions advocated for by Israel), military news (e.g. airstrikes vs Iraq/Syria), strategy, etc.

Why Iran and Israel are crossing each other’s red lines

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-E...-red-lines

Hossein Sheikholeslam:
- 150,000 missiles/rockets in Syria, Gaza, Lebanon are under Iran's control and intended to send a message to Israel/USA
- Without this, Israel would have attacked our nuclear sites many times
- Moving missiles/rockets closer to Israel was a response to expansion of US/NATO radar and missile shields near Iran (in Turkey/UAE/Qatar)
- These missiles are purely for deterrence; not intended to destroy Israel, just to prevent an attack against Iran

I watched this deputy ambassadors reponse... He is not a good politician...his boastings are harmful to Iran position and he is supposed to be a politician....just my thoughts...Talk less and carry a big stick..!
experience is like a comb that God gives to you after you lost your hair. Undecided
(09-06-2019, 02:22 AM)aryobarzan Wrote: I watched this deputy ambassadors reponse... He is not a good politician...his boastings are harmful to Iran position and he is supposed to be a politician....just my thoughts...Talk less and carry a big stick..!
He didn't say anything that was big news or a state secret, but yes I agree it's better not to speak much in general. The military guys do this pretty well - only show us things many years delayed!
It's hard to find good diplomats in Iran, that's why the likes of Zarif are so invaluable and therefore so hated by the US and Israel.
نه شرقی، نه غربی، جمهوری اسلامی
(09-06-2019, 09:44 AM)AmirPatriot Wrote: It's hard to find good diplomats in Iran, that's why the like of Zarif are such invaluable and therefore so hated by the US and Israel.
I agree, little wonder the US felt so threatened by him that they sanctioned him(!)
The point I was trying to make about this fellow was that from a "friendly Arab" point of view they do not want to be seen as a proxy for Iran . They gladly take Iran money and Iran weapons but do not want to be seen as being controlled by Iran...Him being a politician should know about the sensitivity of Arabs to this and yet he is boasting about how Iran controls their missiles and so on...MEMRI TV is an Arab funded midea and that is why they cleverley picked up this man's talk to show the rest of Arabs that if you are with Iran then you are a lacky ...any way as you both said Iran needs some first rate diplomats and some first rate broadcasting organization to keep up with the events.
experience is like a comb that God gives to you after you lost your hair. Undecided
(09-07-2019, 02:42 AM)aryobarzan Wrote: The point I was trying to make about this fellow was that from a "friendly Arab" point of view they do not want to be seen as a proxy for Iran . They gladly take Iran money and Iran weapons but do not want to be seen as being controlled by Iran...Him being a politician should know about the sensitivity of Arabs to this and yet he is boasting about how Iran controls their missiles and so on...MEMRI TV is an Arab funded midea and that is why they cleverley picked up this man's talk to show the rest of Arabs that if you are with Iran then you are a lacky ...any way as you both said Iran needs some first rate diplomats and some first rate broadcasting organization to keep up with the events.
MEMRI TV is Israeli, not Arab.
Satellite imagery shows that an Israeli airstrike yesterday on the IRGC "Imam Ali" base near Abu Kamal (Syria) destroyed 4 fully built warehouses:

[Image: sat.png]

Major setback for Iran.
(09-09-2019, 06:32 PM)Persian Gulf Wrote: Satellite imagery shows that an Israeli airstrike yesterday on the IRGC "Imam Ali" base near Abu Kamal (Syria) destroyed 4 fully built warehouses:

[Image: sat.png]

Major setback for Iran.

this is not an IRGC base. it's a camp located 8km from the city used by Iraqi militias outside Albu Kamal to rebel ISIL attacks. those warehouses were empty. some report say the attack was carried out by Isreali airplane through the Jordanian Airspace and the Tenef area, 6 missiles were fired.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Israel-Palestine Conflict Persian Gulf 6 336 09-10-2019, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Persian Gulf
  Israel-Lebanon/Hezbollah Conflict Persian Gulf 24 890 09-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Persian Gulf
  Palestine / Israel conflict yavar 1 873 05-13-2019, 08:36 AM
Last Post: admin