Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kowsar-88/Yasin Trainer Jet
Spec sheet given at MAKS 2019.

Can anyone explain why this aircraft is so fat? It weighs 4600 kg... 300 kg more than an F-5! Even the twin-seat F-5F is only 4400 kg.

[Image: image.png]
نه شرقی، نه غربی، جمهوری اسلامی
Too much chelo khoresht....
Yasin Jet Trainer/CAS twin-engine revealed (Kowsar Project):

[Image: Yasin.jpg]
Kowsar 88 finally here as Yasin, a very important step that will lead the way for many more projects in the future, you can clearly see that it's been going through a lot of test, i don't think it's the final product, room for improvement.
It weighs 4.6 tons because the structural design was probably done on the conservative side with more airframe trusses and stringers than the min required, for added strength and integrity. However it could also be what grade/ gauge of duralumin sheeting was used. I'm not sure? I don't think its that heavy. Its ok.......being that it is only about 2 odd meters shorter than the F-5E anyway. This is a huge achievement for Iran.........bravo!
I wish they hadn't done an "unveiling". Just some footage of a test flight would do. Doesn't look presentable enough for a proper unveiling without paint.
نه شرقی، نه غربی، جمهوری اسلامی
(10-18-2019, 09:34 AM)AmirPatriot Wrote: I wish they hadn't done an "unveiling". Just some footage of a test flight would do. Doesn't look presentable enough for a proper unveiling without paint.
i'm glad they did and i'm sure i'm not the only one, we finally see progress in one of the air force projects, an important one, being presentable or not,paint or not, it's still great.  i'm sure when they're fully satisfied with the final product we'll see a different kinda unveiling of Yasin that's ready for mass production.
All prototypes are left with primer on, until all testing is completed. Somebody on a different forum quipped that it appears the jet was cobbled together from some old junk airframes laying around......lol.......What a naive comment to make, when the person is unaware that different materials are used for different panels. I bet he wouldn't know why a white fiber glass panel is used somewhere vs a yellow/ green zinc chromate primer coated sheet duralumin......lol

More pertinent to respond to him would have been:

well at least Iran manufactured it 100%, all on its own! What the fukk was Pakistan's contribution on the design of the JF-17? Painting and assembly? and the paints and fabrication machines too provided by China??....lol

But I didn't bother responding. So if someone from Pakistan makes fun of this Yasin trainer, just ask them the question, on what exactly was Pakistan's contribution on the JF-17 project? and be prepared for silence.......lol
(10-19-2019, 01:59 PM)lulldapull Wrote: All prototypes are left with primer on, until all testing is completed. Somebody on a different forum quipped that it appears the jet was cobbled together from some old junk airframes laying around......lol.......What a naive comment to make, when the person is unaware that different materials are used for different panels. I bet he wouldn't know why a white fiber glass panel is used somewhere vs a yellow/ green zinc chromate primer coated sheet duralumin......lol

More pertinent to respond to him would have been:

well at least Iran manufactured it 100%, all on its own! What the fukk was Pakistan's contribution on the design of the JF-17? Painting and assembly? and the paints and fabrication machines too provided by China??....lol

But I didn't bother responding. So if someone from Pakistan makes fun of this Yasin trainer, just ask them the question, on what exactly was Pakistan's contribution on the JF-17 project? and be prepared for silence.......lol

that's why you won't find me there, that forum is full of zionist and wahabi trolls pretending to be Pakistanis, some of them are not even pretending, too much low IQ stuff. it's a waste of time really, so we need this one to get better so more people contribute.
They have practically zero input on the JF-17. It is 100% Chinese designed. Since Iran kicked sawdi ass on those tanker attacks and Aramco.......most of those pdf jokers are quiet now.

(10-20-2019, 12:30 PM)RedDevil Wrote: that's why you won't find me there, that forum is full of zionist and wahabi trolls pretending to be Pakistanis, some of them are not even pretending, too much low IQ stuff. it's a waste of time really, so we need this one to get better so more people contribute.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Natinalinterest article claiming that Kowsar jet fighter is fake Farzan 0 840 10-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Farzan
  Yasin SBD type extended range glide bomb unveiled Fafnir 0 1,141 08-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Fafnir
  Saeghe I/II. Azaraksh. Kowsar. Domestic F-5 E/F upgrades Emirzaad 50 43,138 04-30-2019, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Emirzaad
  Iran open production line for Kowsar aircraft admin 6 8,310 03-20-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: admin