Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Khanzadi Confirms VLS on Damavand-2
Admiral Hossein Khanzadi (Commander of IRIN) announced that they are installing VLS on Damavand-2.

Now I am even more excited for Damavand-2 and to see how many VLS cells it will have and what missiles (I guess Sayyad 2/3). I'm not sure what it needs VLS for in the Caspian Sea, but the important point is learning the VLS technology to use for future ships.

Khanzadi also said that Dena frigate and other ships will be launched this year.
The VLS installed on Damavand 2 is likely to consist of Hoveyzeh cruise missiles and Sayyad 3 air defenses (this is because they are the same size as Sayyad 2 but have a longer range).
(08-20-2019, 03:20 AM)Blue knight Wrote: The VLS installed on Damavand 2 is likely to consist of Hoveyzeh cruise missiles and Sayyad 3 air defenses (this is because they are the same size as Sayyad 2 but have a longer range).
I doubt they will have both offensive and defence missiles; I think at first it will be limited to Sayyad 2/3. But for sure that should be the future.
VLS is one thing, does anyone know if Iranian warships have a VDS (variable depth sonar) in the sensor suite? Without a decent VDS, you can't detect a hostile sub let alone defend against a submarine attack!
Will probably be based on Khordad 15 of Bavar launch tubes. I think Hoveyzeh is an unlikely choice due to its lack of drop down turbojet, so Soumar would be a more suitable choice.
As the Iranian warships become more and more equipped with various sensors and weapons I am wondering if all of these subsystems (radar, sonar, ESM, EO/IR ,missiles, torpedos, CWIS, chaffe ,etc) are Integrated . The Integration of all these subsystems by itself is a major task and require huge amount of Software code to be generated,and tested...In the Western military side usually a major defence contractor such as Lockheed Martin is given the contract to do the integration and tests...You also require simulation of OPs room and various other training simulators to ensure the operators of individual stations can respond in an Integrated manner to an upcoming threat . Consider that you only have few seconds to respond to an incoming missile and the selection of which weapons to respond to the type of threat is something beyond the reaction time of human operators.
experience is like a comb that God gives to you after you lost your hair. Undecided
Great news for IRIN.

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/152575/Iran...-VLS-chief
Iran Defense Minister Army Gen. Hatami: the Damavand-2 destroyer will joining the Army navy soon
ایران وزیر دفاع امیر حاتمی: ناوشکن دماوند-۲به زودی به نیروی دریایی ارتش می پیوندد( ۷آذر؟)