Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran's SAM Coverage - Updates and Future
By Amir Tuesday, September 11, 2018
This is an updated overview of Iran's air defences. I made a blog post on the subject a year ago, promising it to be a "2 part post" of current and future air defences. The much delayed second part is included in this blog post.

As before, I will be using Sean O'Connor's 2010 IMINT & Analysis blog post as a basis for my own work, to find SAM sites. This blog post contains no SAM site locations that aren't already in the public sphere.

[Image: image.png]

Iran's full Air Defence Coverage as of the date of this post

Iran has deployed some of its new domestic SAM systems. Read my analysis of Iran's SAM coverage, present and possible future. 

https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2018/09/...uture.html
نه شرقی، نه غربی، جمهوری اسلامی
1 sites is equal how many system Amir?
(09-12-2018, 05:34 AM)07_SeppDietrich Wrote: 1 sites is equal how many system Amir?

Each range ring has 1 system (with multiple launchers, obviously).
why there is no air defence in the east of the country?
i know there r not much imprtant things which need protection but is not important to see early when enemy air craft enters the east borders? the earlier they see the earlier they can intercept the fighters which want to fly to the west of the country to bomb some infrastructur
(09-12-2018, 10:41 PM)Maverick Wrote: why there is no air defence in the east of the country?
i know there r not much imprtant things which need protection but is not important to see early when enemy air craft enters the east borders? the earlier they see the earlier they can intercept the fighters which want to fly to the west of the country to bomb some infrastructur

There are few SAM systems in the east, but plenty of radars. All Iran's airspace is covered by radars.